In anticipation of the upcoming conduit and streetscape construction, an open meeting to provide updates and a forum for discussion was held at Peabody Heights Brewery on January 25. Councilperson Mary Pat led the meeting. Representatives of the projects, including principals of The Commercial Group project managers, were on hand to present plans and answer questions.
- Concerns voiced by merchant attendees were in the following areas of concern:
- Loss of business due to sidewalk impediments and reduced parking
- Difficulty loading and unloading with only one traffic lane available
- Possible interruptions of utility services
- Continued delay of the long-awaited streetscaping
Attendees were assured that all possible means of minimizing impact on business would be used. Solutions for communication and parking would be researched and implemented by DOT.